7/20/2010

magical woods.


I don't really know how to describe being in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. Maybe I've been in California too long, maybe the further north you drive along the coast the more stereo-typical California you become.

But there was a calm and peacefulness among these trees that I haven't felt in many places. Maybe it's the sheer size of them, the way the light spills through in different spots, the cool breeze that feels like it's cleaning out your brain.

After 13 years of living in California I'm so glad I finally made it through the Avenue of the Giants. We walked on fallen trunks, posed next to the massive trees, took lots and lots of photos, and just looked around in awe.

I'm waiting on my film from the trip, so expect to see more of these lovely trees here soon.

No comments: