9/25/2006

1990.

So far, the best response I've gotten after telling someone I started a blog has been, "Do you remember when Doogie Howser was the only person with a diary on a computer?" Which is what Cathy said to me after I told her I wanted to post her drawings (below) on my blog. Doogie started this all didn't he? And has anyone really paid tribute to the little guy? I had a really hard time deciding between the clip of Vinnie and Doogie 'dancing' and the clip with David Chapelle, but in the end I had to go with Vinnie Delpino. It just doesn't feel right to think of David Chapelle playing a bit part in an episode of Doogie Howser.





I don't know what you were doing in 1990, but the commercial below really made me nostalgic for the days when I was working at Skipper Dipper, and losing my virginity on the jersey shore. Back then we had no idea what reality TV was, back then we were perfectly content with bad sets and Balki Bartokomous. Well at least I was. I mean look at this line up, Twin Peaks, Growing Pains, Thirty Something, The Wonder Years... they don't make TV like that anymore. Warning, this is pretty awful, and the damn song may get stuck in your head for days, but I bet it will make you laugh, or cry...

No comments: