3/09/2008

Hare and Hounds and lots of sun


This weekend was the Hare and the Hounds show at Blue Space, and it was such great fun. Molly had a piece in the show which is how I found out about it in the first place and I'm so happy I played! There were 50 artists, each had a piece for sale and each had a map you could buy. The maps led to a hidden piece of art somewhere in the Mission. I bought two maps and both were completely different experiences so I'm glad I went for it. Will show you my finds and tell more on that fun day soon.


As you probably know I'm not really making the duct tape wallets anymore, I've moved on to other easier to manage materials and I started to feel like cutting and sticking all that tape just wasn't good for me (breathing in epoxy is right??), but I still get such a kick out of running into people that have bought wallets from me. I met someone at the show on Saturday who said he had bought one of my wallets years ago, and out it came from his back pocket, well worn and loved. Even though I've made hundreds and hundreds I really do remember each one and it's the coolest thing to see them out in the world living with total strangers. I forget his name, but he was nice enough to let me take his picture with the wallet.

2 comments:

molly said...

mark. he's mikey's sweetheart!

sylvï said...

as a total stranger myself, i can't help but chip in here to add that i just ordered the t-shirt he's wearing from etsy! the world, eh, vast yet small...