6/29/2008

long week


It's a lot easier for me to blog when I'm not working. I realized that this week. There were just so many things I wanted to share while I was on vacation. Maybe it's just getting back into the swing of things, but work takes up a big piece of my brain. Yesterday was spent waking up late and hanging out for a good part of the day in Helen's store. Her neighbors Gravel & Gold were having mimosas and kept offering them to us, and eventually being around all that fabric got me itching to make something. With Helen's help I stitched up this log pillow with that awesome woodgrain fabric that's all over the place now. I love this fabric! The pillow could have come out a little neater, but I love the way it looks on my bed, the dark grain goes well with the headboard and floral spread.


And how sweet is this little guy!? Danica graced me with this sweetie last time I saw her and I'm just so excited to have him hanging out in my room, I think he looks pretty perfect with his sleepy eyes above my bed and against that red wall.



I also wanted to share this colorful little button tree Helen's mom made her for her shop. What an easy cute looking project.


I'm fighting off being sick so I'm heading back into my bed with my new log pillow and a stack of movies. Hopefully I'll kick this thing by tomorrow.

No comments: