6/17/2008

me and my mama


there are lots of pretty things in my mother's house and for some reason on this trip i feel compelled to take photos of them. maybe i'll do a post of just pictures of things i love in her house. outside the room i sleep in, which isn't really 'my' room since they moved to this house after i graduated highschool, there is a pastel illustration framed. i love it because it looks exactly like my mother and i when i was a wee thing and she was a new mom. i sometimes sit and just stare at it in amazement, it's as if the person who created it was looking at a photo of my mom and i as she went along. it's uncanny and even crazier that my mom found it somewhere. she swiped it up as soon as she saw it, also spooked by the similarities. here's a photo as proof, notice my mom's lovely afro like black hair same as the woman in the picture, and my chubby cheeks and hair all the same. i want this in my house one day.

5 comments:

molly said...

wow. that IS spooky. in a good way, of course.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, your mom is GORGEOUS!!! So are you, of course. But that hair! How I love the hair!

comfies said...

ah! love the painting! it captures you both so completely! crazy.

billy girl said...

Um, Amazing!! And also somewhat uncany and beautiful is that you have a similar haircut these days, only it frames the face not of a cutie pie little girl, but a lovely, lovely lady! xo

Unknown said...

Oh Chrissy,
You are such a cutie pie! I love your blog.