2/04/2007

Bald guy with hood and hat.

I've been a bit of a lazy poster this week, I'm sort of all consumed with making stuff for the craft fair I have coming up on Friday and Saturday. It's at a private school in Pac Heights, and even though I'm pretty sure it's open to the public, I kind of doubt you want to be around that many loud kids and high class parents, so I won't tell you where it is. I shouldn't bad mouth anyone really, they're all very good, nice people, it's just that kids scare me. Really, I used to want to be a teacher, but I tense up when I walk by the high school near my house these days. Kids are mean, and loud, and little ones (my perfect nephew excluded) are kind of dirty. I did this same fair last year and there were all these kids grabbing at the wallets on my table with sticky ice cream hands and unidentifiable dirt on them, but they loved my stuff so I can't really complain.

Anyway, since I'm too lazy to think of anything really interesting on my own right now I'm sending you over to Overstated, which, just to prove how lazy I really am, I originally saw on SFist. Anyway, Overstated, has made a list of San Francisco neighborhoods and lined up which New York neighborhood they compare to. It's interesting, and not just because I've had thoughts of moving back east since my last visit there.

Does anyone read missed connections anymore? When I told Alison I wanted to post one she told me no one really reads them. And I think I agree with her, but if you saw someone you thought might write one about an interaction you had with them, wouldn't you check them out? I am now. And I'm even thinking of posting one. But the question is, how do you really do it so that people won't know it's you, but the person you want to know it's you knows it's you? Ok, just ignore that last statement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude,
you've already posted it! yeah!