1/02/2007

Pictures from back east.


I was in Jersey over the holiday and even though I didn't get to hang out with (or even see) Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen (both of whom live pretty close to my Mom), I did have an amazing trip. I spent two blurry days in NYC, stayed with my good friend Derek in Brooklyn, got to meet Julie's new nephew and met up with some friends from highschool I hadn't seen for 12 years. It was pretty great, and even got me thinking of moving back some time in the far off future. Here's a picture of Derek which sort of sums up my time there. People complain about bars closing too early in SF, but I think I wouldn't have a liver anymore if I lived in NY. Really the very best thing (or one of them) is that you can leave a bar at 4am and get a deli sandwich on the way home. Derek did it both nights.

And of course better than anything else during my trip was getting to hang out with my amazing little nephew. I can't express enough how much I love this kid. He's smart and cute and if you ask me his master of language is pretty impressive for a two and a half year old. Seriously, the kid can hold up his own in a conversation better than some adults I know. He's way too cute not to post some pictures of.

That's us at Chuckee Cheese, a scary scary place that he loved.
And here's him on Christmas day. A friend of mine said he looks like Peter Frampton, with all that pretty hair. My little 70's nephew.

Of course it was fantastic seeing all of my family and friends that I never get to see, being so far and all. Makes me wish we could do something about the middle of the country and bring the coasts together. Except of course for Indiana and Chicago.

No comments: